It’s been a rather soggy start to 2014 which has limited flying especially in February.
Students have therefore taken advantage of ground school studies, congratulations to all of those who have passed exams so far in 2014
- Anthony Evans – Operational Procedures and Human Performance
- Alex Busby – Aircraft General and Principles of Flight
- Kevin Bennett – Navigation and Meteorology
- Freddie Atac – Operational Procedures and Radiotelephony
- Lee Williams – Meteorology and Radiotelephony practical
- John Straw – Operational Procedures and Human Performance
Staverton Flying School are now the proud owners of G-BOHH meaning it will be more available for lessons and to hire. Don’t forget you can hire the schools aircrafts on Sundays and if you would like to fly somewhere for the day only a minimum of 2 hours flying is required. Just call, drop in or book online at www.sfsonlinebooking.co.uk
Staverton Flying School will be organising 2 fly-away days for the summer:
- AeroExpo in Sywell is holding its annual aviation festival. On Sunday 1st June we plan to take the SFS fleet for the day.
There will be a landing fee of £10 and both the pilot and passenger will receive free entry. The display acts will be announced nearer the time at www.aeroexpo.co.uk
- There will also be a fly away day to Newquay where you will be able to visit the Classic Air force museum. This day is arranged for Sunday 10th August with back-up dates for Sundays 17th and 31st August. More details can be found at www.classicairforce.com
There will be limited spaces for both days so please book your place soon. Both days are open to qualified pilots and students with an instructor and are a great opportunity to experience new airfields and meet other SFS students and PPL’s.